Did you know?
- this section of Yan Yean Road carries 19,400 vehicles per day, and is forecast to grow to 28,000 vehicles daily by 2031
- it's an accident black spot, with 32 casualty crashes resulting in 5 serious injury accidents and 27 other injury accidents over 5 years
- the existing 2 lane road is built to a sub-standard level and causes traffic queues and congestion, and threatens the safety of motorists, cyclists and pedestrians
How would this benefit our community?
- by significantly increasing road safety
- reduce road congestion
- enable pedestrians in new estates to cross more safely
- improve safety for cyclists
- improve bus services
Fund Our Future National Campaign
The City of Whittlesea has joined forces with councils across Australia in the Fund Our Future campaign, a national push to secure ongoing funding from all sides of federal politics to fix a critical back log of road and public transport works and health facilities needs in the fast growing outer suburbs.
You can support this campaign so roads like Yan Yean Road can receive the critical funding needed.
If you are sick of sitting in traffic, find it hard to access public transport and think our health services and hospitals need to be improved sign our petition to help fund our future.
How you can help
It's important that our community rally together to let the State Government know that this project is a priority for our residents.
- You can do this by emailing or writing to the following Members of Parliament:
- By writing or emailing your local Member of Parliament