Based on recent consultation with the community, we’ve come up with some recommendations for the reserve and would love to hear what you think.
Our recommendations for Huskisson Recreation Reserve
- Improve pedestrian and cyclist access into the reserve by constructing 3 metre wide concrete paths with links to Kingsway Drive and Deveny Road.
- Provide new picnic facilities including new shelters, barbecues and seating for large families or community groups.
- Relocate and expand the existing playground.
- Install a pedestrian and cyclist bridge over Edgars Creek to connect Edgars Road to Huskisson Recreation Reserve.
- Plant additional indigenous trees to increase shade cover within the reserve.
- Advocate to Melbourne Water on the landscape quality and revegetation opportunities for Edgars Creek.
- Establish new road and residential housing facing into the reserve to improve passive surveillance and public safety in the reserve.
- Create a new 110 metre diameter community sports field with new sports fencing that includes a cricket pitch, soccer goals, football goals, a new shelter and drinking fountain.
- Relocate the fitness stations and provide more along the 3 metre wide shared paths.
- Upgrade the West Lalor Tennis Club facilities providing six courts, new lighting and new pavilion with accessible public toilet facilities.
- Provide new multi-use hard courts, which can be used for netball, basketball and other hand ball games.
- Provide new car park with lighting and a design that is considerate of water running into the creek.
Have your say
View our interactive map and tell us what you think.
- Phone: 9401 0539 and have a chat with one of our friendly staff from the Parks and Urban Design department.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to tell us what you like, what could be improved, and anything else you’d like to see included in Huskisson Recreation Reserve.
- In person: Saturday 6 October, 11am-2pm. Lalor Hub, 70 Kingsway Drive, Lalor.