It is expected the redevelopment work will be completed by May 2017.
The redevelopment of this community activity centre is being undertaken to address the growing demand for community meeting space, and to improve the aging building.
The new, expanded community centre will also allow for growth in Council services operating from the site, such as:
- Delivered meals service
- Planned Activity Groups (PAGs)
- Construction work at the community centre commenced in March 2016, with expected completion in May 2017.
- All community groups and City of Whittlesea services operating from the centre have been relocated to other facilities.
- Our Maternal and Child Health service has relocated permanently from the community centre to Thomastown Library, 52 Main Street, Thomastown.
Construction work and car parking
- A temporary fence has been erected around the building site while the works take place.
- The operations of the tennis club and the kindergarten will remain unchanged during the works.