The redevelopment of this community activity centre is being undertaken to address the growing demand for community meeting space, and to improve the aging building.
The new, expanded community centre will also allow for growth in Council services operating from the site, such as:
- Delivered meals service
- Social Support Program
- Bright colourful walls - the Social Support Program walls have been painted a range of bright colours, aimed to give the greatest benefit to participants with memory loss. The colours assist participants in remembering which room their activities are in
- Increased hall - we have increased the size of the hall and the meeting room, to provide more opportunities for the community to book the venue for regular meetings and special occasions
- Construction work at the community centre commenced in March 2016, with expected completion in August 2017.
- All community groups and City of Whittlesea services operating from the centre have been relocated to other facilities.
- Our Maternal and Child Health service has relocated permanently from the community centre to Thomastown Library, 52 Main Street, Thomastown.
Construction work and car parking
- A temporary fence has been erected around the building site while the works take place.
- The operations of the tennis club and the kindergarten will remain unchanged during the works.