The building was constructed in the 1930s and was used as a classroom for the Janefield Sanatorium.
The space will now be transformed into a Community Facility with 3 meeting and/or community gathering spaces.
- upgrade of the existing amenities
- accessibility into the building
- restoration of the existing structure and façade
The building itself is listed in the City of Whittlesea Heritage Overlay as a significant building.
Works have already been completed to the restoration of the façade with the main construction works commenced in August 2017.
- Council contribution: $390,000
- State Government’s Growing Suburbs Fund: $310,000