Skip to main content
We're upgrading the streetscape at Lalor Shopping Centre.
We're upgrading the streetscape at Lalor Shopping Centre. The improvements will be located along Station Street, May Road and David Street.
Here's what we've already completed along Station Street:
- Removal of dying trees
- Planting of new semi-advanced trees (replacement Ash Trees)
- Installation of two new, safer crossings over Station Street
- New lawn and garden beds
- New bus stop and street furnishings
- Replacement of the central median pathway and pedestrian links.
Here's what you can expect along May Road:
- Installation of a safer crossing, connecting Peter Lalor Walk (Coles) and the Lalor Library
- Installation of social space and seating in the median between Coles and the Lalor Library
- Planting of new trees
- Upgrading Cypress Street parking area
- Installation of two additional safer crossings over May Road, parallel to Cyprus Street and Messmate street.
Here's what you can expect along David Street:
- Installation of a new public toilet
- The creation of an inviting and open social space with new seating and paving
- New garden beds and tree planting
- New vehicle turning circle to the David Street end of May Road
- Upgrade of the roundabout and new right-hand turning lane in May Road.
- Replace timeline with:
- Stage 1a – Corner of Station and Messmate Streets - completed late 2018
- Stage 1b – Station Street - completed October 2019
- Powerpole relocation works on May Road and David Street - completed 8 October 2019
- Stage 2 – David Street/Cypress Street car park - construction starts May 2020
- Stage 3 – May Road - construction planned to start early 2021