Get a sneak peek
Disclaimer: The images in this video are for illustrational purposes only and are subject to change.
Mill Park Leisure is now closed with work set to begin on a major transformation with a $25 million redevelopment.
The centre will remain closed for the duration of the redevelopment. This will allow the community to access a fully operational and upgraded leisure centre much earlier than if it was constructed in stages and will reduce costs significantly.
During the redevelopment period, residents can enjoy fitness and aquatics at Thomastown Recreation and Aquatic Centre. Call 9463 0700 for membership options.
Highlights of the project include:
- 3 new pools, including:
- 1 for leisure, with water play facilities
- another for swimming lessons
- a new warm water program pool with ramp access
- upgrade of the existing 25 metre pool including complete re-tiling and the installation of an all abilities ramp
- new, larger spa and sauna
- new family, and group and school change facilities, as well as improved change options for people with disabilities
- new café, retail area and reception
- refurbished crèche
- landscaped outdoor space with play equipment, barbecues and outdoor exercise equipment
- improved accessibility throughout the entire facility including two pool pods, a state-of-the-art hoist and two Changing Places accessible toilets
- improved weight training and cardio areas
- bigger and better group fitness rooms.
Mantric Architecture has been awarded the contract to design the redevelopment.
In our planning we consulted with different groups, individuals and the YMCA, who currently manage the facility, as to what the redevelopment should include.
The centre closed on 30 June 2018 with work to begin in July.
The project is expected to be complete in mid-2020.
Approximately $25 million.
The State Government has contributed $5 million towards the project - $2 million from the Growing Suburbs Fund and $3 million from the Community Sport Infrastructure Fund.
- July 2018 - construction to begin
- Mid 2020 - construction expected to be completed