This facility is a partnership between the cities of Whittlesea, Darebin and Moreland and will cater for the holding, accommodation and treatment of domestic animals and livestock from these 3 municipalities.
The facility is expected to open in July 2017 and house over 3000 dogs and 3000 cats in the first year of operation.
- veterinary service on site open 7 days a week, providing the best animal welfare care to impounded animals
- an outdoor dog run including walking track so that dogs staying onsite receive plenty of exercise and play time
- large sized dog and cat enclosures
- dog and cat adoption service
- isolation facilities for animals requiring specialist care
- livestock paddocks
Whittlesea, Darebin and Moreland councils together contributed $13 million to the facility and collaborated on this project in order to bring a state of the art animal welfare facility to the community.