This project will transform both the tennis club and park facilities to accommodate both a growing level of tennis club usage and visitors expected to visit the reserve.
The Yan Yean Tennis Club will be transformed from a 4 court local venue to a 6 tennis court District level tennis club.
The site will include:
- a new tennis club
- public toilets
- new car parking area
- two new hard courts
- two replaced synthetic grass courts
The project will also involve upgrading the picnic facilities including new picnic tables, BBQs and shelter together with new landscaping for the community to enjoy
An upgrade to the entrance from Plenty Road will also be undertaken with a new and safer entry into the proposed new car park area.
- Replace timeline with:
- Stage 1 - Pavilion and carpark - completed early 2019
- Stage 2 - New courts 5 and 6 - completed April 2019
- Stage 3 - Replacement courts 1 and 2 - expected completion by end of 2019
- Stage 3 - Reserve upgrades – expected completion by March 2020
- Council contribution: $2 million towards the construction of Stage 1 works
- Sport and Recreation Victoria (State Government) contribution: $100,000 towards Stage 2 works
Total project cost: $3.9 million