This project will transform both the tennis club and park facilities to accommodate both a growing level of tennis club usage and visitors expected to visit the reserve.
The Yan Yean Tennis Club will be transformed from a 4 court local venue to a 6 tennis court District level tennis club.
The site will include:
- a new tennis club
- public toilets
- new car parking area
- two new hard courts
- two replaced synthetic grass courts
The project will also involve upgrading the picnic facilities including new picnic tables, BBQs and shelter together with new landscaping for the community to enjoy
An upgrade to the entrance from Plenty Road will also be undertaken with a new and safer entry into the proposed new car park area.
This project is being delivered over three stages:
- Stage 1 - commenced in September 2017 and expected completion is mid 2018
- Stage 2 and 3 - expected commencement is by the end of 2019
- Council contribution: $2 million towards the construction of Stage 1 works
- Sport and Recreation Victoria (State Government) contribution: $100,000 towards Stage 2 works
Total project cost: $3.9 million