A Victorian Government public health response is underway after cases of COVID-19 were found in the City of Whittlesea and other locations.
New restrictions are now in place:
- 5 reasons to leave home no longer applies
- 10km limit has increased to 25km - although travel into regional Victoria is not allowed
- No visitors to homes
- Masks required indoors and outdoors
- Outdoor gatherings of up to 10 people permitted
- Schools have resumed face-to-face learning
- Funerals limit of 50, weddings limit 10
- Offices – 25% of workforce can return or cap of 10 – continue to work from home where possible
- Retail has reopened with density limits
- Hair and beauty has reopened for treatments where masks can be worn
- Swimming pools, entertainment venues and community facilities are open subject to density limits
- Community sport can return to training
- Cafes, restaurants and pubs are open – with strict safety measures like density limits, seated service and QR codes in place
- With eased restrictions, some businesses still won’t be able to open. A further $2000 top-up payment may be available to closed businesses
Read the full Statement From The Acting Premier for more details.
Exposure sites continue to be added to the Victorian Government's website. Stay up to date at www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/exposure-sites
The Victorian Health Department is urging anymore who has visited the following shopping areas in the past two weeks to monitor for symptoms and get tested immediately if any develop.
- Pacific Epping
- Epping North Shopping Centre
- High Street, Epping
- Station St, Lalor
There are continued concerns around ongoing transmission in these and other shopping areas around Melbourne from what appears to be short interactions.
For specific exposure dates and times, visit https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/exposure-sites
View the NEW exposure sites map which is updated regularly by the Department of Health.
UPDATED 7.30pm on Saturday 12 June 2021
Local Tier 1 sites - Get tested and quarantine for 14 days
- PTV Bus Number 357 (Wollert to Epping)- Gammage Bvd/Edgars Rd to Memorial Ave/High St on 28 May from 3.08pm to 3.18pm
Plus others in other areas including Clifton Hill, Brunswick, Coburg, Maribyrnong, Fitzroy, Melbourne, Port Melbourne, Prahran, South Yarra and Thornbury.
Local Tier 2 sites - Get tested and isolate until you receive a negative result
- Thomastown: Rexel Aust at 1/161 Settlement Road on 21 May between 6.30am and 4pm (added on 11 June 2021)
- Thomastown: Rexel Aust at 1/161 Settlement Road on 20 May between 6.30am and 4pm (added on 11 June 2021)
- Thomastown: Rexel Aust at 1/161 Settlement Road on 19 May between 6.30am and 4pm (added on 11 June 2021)
- Thomastown: AMPOL at the corner of Dalton Road and Wood Street on 5 June between 10.45am and 11.25am (added on 10 June 2021)
- Bundoora: Coles in Bundoora Square - 6 June between 12pm and 1pm (added on 10 June 2021)
- Bundoora: Woolworths in Bundoora Square - 31 May between 12pm and 12.40pm (added on 10 June 2021)
- Thomastown: Bunnings at 11 Dalton Road on 8 June between 5.20pm and 6.10pm (added on 9 June 2021)
- Thomastown: BP at 72 Keon Road on 7 June between 6pm and 6.30pm (added on 9 June 2021)
- Bundoora: Coles in Bundoora Square - 7 June between 12pm and 1pm (added on 9 June 2021)
- Bundoora: Coles Bundoora Square on 28 May from 12pm to 1pm
- Thomastown: McDonalds on Dalton Rd drive through on 27 May from 11.20pm to 12am
- Thomastown: BP Thomastown on Keon Parade on 28 May from 10am to 10.35am and 2.40pm to 3.30pm,
- Thomastown: Gobind Sweets on 27 May from 2.40pm to 3.10pm
- Thomastown: Slades Beverages on Keon Parade on 28 May from 6am to 2.30pm
Plus others in other areas including Maribyrnong, Preston, Reservoir.
Local Tier 3 sites - Monitor for symptoms
If you have any symptoms, please ensure you get tested. You can find details of the latest testing sites at www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/where-get-tested-covid-19
Local testing sites include:
- Mernda Station in Schotters Rd, Mernda from 8am to 5pm
- Northern Hospital at 187 Cooper Street, Epping from 9am to 4.45pm
- 4Ctye Pathology at 52 Childs Road, Epping 8am to 6pm weekdays and 10am to 5pm on weekends.
Please note testing sites are subject to capacity. You can find wait times online.
We have two vaccination centres in the City of Whittlesea.
Check where you can get vaccinated and wait times.
Council Offices, 35 Ferres Blvd, South Morang (follow the signs to the PRACC building). This is run by Northern Health.
- Open: Sunday 12 June from 8.30am to 5pm
- Available for: AstraZeneca only as the Pfizer vaccine is currently unavailable due to supply.
- Closed on public holidays.
- Book online: vaccination.nh.org.au
Epping Memorial Hall on High St, Epping. This is run by DPV Health
- Open: Sunday 13 June from 9.30am to 5.30pm
- Available for: AstraZeneca only
- Closed on public holidays.
- No booking required.
For more details, other vaccination centre locations, eligibility and bookings, visit coronavirus.vic.gov.au/book-your-vaccine-appointment