Skip to main content
Who are you? Survey tells all
Tuesday, November 19, 2019
Each year the City of Whittlesea conducts Household Survey to ensure we have the latest data when planning for current and future needs.
With a population of more than 230,000, the city is growing and changing.
Snapshot of the City of Whittlesea in 2019:
- 51% are female and 49% male
- 1% are Indigenous and 33% speak a language other than English
- India is the most common country of birth for residents born overseas - 6.6%
- The majority of residents are aged between 35-39
- 61% were born in Australia and 39% overseas
- 72% are tertiary educated
- 60% are employed, 6% are studying, 6% take care of the home, 5% are unemployed, 15% are retired
- $599 is the average individual weekly income - $462 for women and $764 for men
- $654 is the average for English speaking residents and $544 for non-English speaking
- 34.2% work within the City of Whittlesea and 78.4% drive to work.
Read more about the annual Household Survey.