This includes $54 million for our new works program, to improve roads and Council facilities around the City.
This year the State Government has set the rate rise at 2%, which has been endorsed by the Council. The City of Whittlesea will not be seeking a variation of this amount for the 2017/18 budget.
Highlights of our the Budget
Highlights of some of the capital works projects and improvements include:
- construction of a pavilion and car park at Harvest Home Road, Epping
- construction of 2 soccer pitches and a community pavilion at:
- Doreen South Reserve
- Lalor West Reserve
- commence redevelopment of the Mill Park Leisure and Services Centre
- commence refurbishment of the Whittlesea Aquatic Centre
- upgrade of sports grounds across the City of Whittlesea
- ongoing program for upgrading playgrounds and general landscape improvements
- construction of additional tennis courts at Lalor Tennis Club
- land acquisition for the extension of Findon Road from Williamsons Road to Danaher Drive, South Morang
- streetscape improvements at Lalor High Street shops.
Have your say on our Proposed Budget 2017/18
Our budget spending is guided by the needs of the community and goals outlined in our Community Plan.
We welcome your feedback on the Proposed Budget 2017/18.
Have your say in the following ways
We will be accepting submissions until 5pm Friday 5 May 2017.
Formal submissions will be considered at an Advisory Committee of Council Meeting on Wednesday 17 May 2017.
Following community consultation, Council will consider adopting the budget at a Meeting of Council on Tuesday 30 May 2017 at 6.30pm.
2016/17 Adopted Budget
View the 2016/17 Adopted Budget: