This includes $88.8 million for our new works program, to improve roads and facilities around the City, including:
- redevelopment of Mill Park Leisure
- continued investment in roads, dog off leash areas, disability access and traffic management initiatives around schools
- ongoing program for upgrading playgrounds and general landscape improvements
- redevelopment of Main Street Pavilion in Thomastown
- refurbishment of Mill Park Library
- development of an All Abilities Play Space in Mill Park
- construction of a pavilion and car park at Harvest Home Road in Epping
- upgrade to the pavilion at Duffy Street Reserve in Epping
- upgrade to the sports ground at Epping Reserve
- upgrade of tennis courts and pavilion at TH Hurry Reserve in Yan Yean
- construction of soccer pitches and pavilion at Doreen South Reserve in Doreen and Lalor West Reserve in Lalor
- signalisation of intersection at Ferres Boulevard and Findon Road in South Morang
- streetscape improvements for shopping precinct on High Street in Lalor
- construction of shared path on Bridge Inn Road between Towerhill Avenue and Mernda Railway Station.
State Government Rate Rise
Since the introduction of rate capping in 2016/17, we have kept rates to the annual rate cap set by the Minister for Local Government.
This year the State Government has set the rate rise at 2.25%, which has been endorsed by Council.
Waste services charge
This year you may notice on your rates notice that we have introduced a waste services charge.
Previously this charge has been integrated with general rates, but from now on it will be listed separately. This change will bring us into line with the majority of other Victorian councils.
This enables us to be more transparent about the costs of providing waste services.
The charge will be set to ensure only direct cost recovery for Council, it's not a revenue stream.
Download the draft budget
To view a copy of our draft 2018/19 budget, please download a copy below.
Have your say
You're invited to submit your comments on the proposed budget.
You can do this by:
- completing our online form
- via hard copy forms that are available at local libraries and at our offices located at 25 Ferres Boulevard, South Morang
We will be accepting submissions until 5pm on Friday 25 May.
All submissions will be considered at a Special Council Meeting on Thursday 7 June.