Quality Area 1: Educational program and practice
AT THE END OF THIS TRAINING PARTICIPANTS WILL BE ABLE TO:
A comprehensive framework for professional’s who work with parents in any circumstances.
Engage parents effectively in conversations about their parenting role by using a strength based, reflective approach.
Articulate a comprehensive framework for parents based on family values, relationships, and boundaries.
Through individual, family or group work, support parents to:
• Develop known and agreed rules within their family
• Implement appropriate discipline, including the use of known consequences
• Develop appropriate expectations for the age and development stage of the child
• Help children deal with a range of feelings, and deal with their own feelings as adults
• Build positive family relationships and communication
• Support resilience in children
People that have told us they benefited from this program include social
workers, teachers, psychologists, case managers, children’s services
workers, family services practitioners, volunteers, and residential staff.
Recommended for: early years educators and family support agencies
You can submit your community event by filling in a form