Our Cultural Heritage Grants provide funding of up to $2000 to groups, organisations and individuals to assist in developing projects that promote the local history and cultural heritage of the City of Whittlesea and its residents.
We invite submissions from community groups and organisations who wish to participate in the diverse expression of ‘living heritage’ through events that celebrate, inform and engage the broader community with local history, culture, heritage and traditions.
The objectives of the Cultural Heritage Funding Program are to fund the development and delivery of activities and events that:
- contribute to an understanding of the local history and of the diverse cultural heritage of the area and its people
- engage our residents in meaningful ways
- empower communities to tell their own stories
- advocate for the protection of local heritage sites and environment
- are innovative, sustainable and accessible.
The 2019-2020 Cultural Heritage Funding Program dates are as follows:
Information session – Thursday 19 September 2019 (6pm – 8:30pm)
Applications open - Friday 20 September 2019
Applications close – Monday 21 October 2019
Projects must take place between 1 January and 31 December 2020
To be eligible for a grant, applicants cannot have received any funding from the City of Whittlesea for the same project within the 2019-2020 financial year.
For complete eligibility and assessment criteria please read the Cultural Heritage Funding Program Guidelines.