What is a Cultural Heritage Program Grant?
We provide funding of up to $500 to groups and organisations to assist in developing projects that promote the local history and cultural heritage of the City of Whittlesea.
We invite submissions from community groups and organisations who with to participate in the diverse expression of 'living heritage' through events that celebrate, inform and engage the broader community with local history, culture, heritage and traditions.
The goals of this grants program is to support the development and delivery of activities and events that:
- contribute to an understanding of our local history and our diverse cultural heritage of the area and its people
- engage our residents in meaningful ways
- empower communities to tell their own stories
- advocate for the protection of local heritage sites and environment
- are innovative, sustainable and accessible
Our 2018 Cultural Heritage Programs have now closed.
Next year's grants are expected to open later this year.