Skip to main content
Support for elderly and people with a disability

Support for elderly and people with a disability

We provide support and services to assist people to live independently and comfortably as part of the Commonwealth Home Support Program.

These services are available to residents of the City of Whittlesea who are either:

  • an older person who is frail, or at risk
  • a person with a severe or moderate disability
  • a carer of a person with a disability
  • a carer of an older person

Our friendly team can meet with you to discuss what kind of support is best suited to you, your carer or family.

Unfortunately we do not provide transport, but there are a number of community organisations who provide transport services.

How to apply for support

Residents over the age of 65 and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander residents over the age of 50

The Federal Government has introduced My Aged Care, a centralised intake system for any new aged care services. Residents will be required to register with My Aged Care by contacting them on 1800 200 422.

Once they have been registered, a referral will be forwarded to the local Regional Assessment Service. When the referral is received, the resident/family/friend/carer will be contacted to organise an assessment.

Residents with a disability under the age of 65 and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders under the age of 50

Contact the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) to check eligibility.

The Brotherhood of St Laurence is a local partner agency in the City of Whittlesea who can provide support and access to the NDIS.

If you are not eligible for services from the NDIS, contact our Aged and Disability Intake Officer on 9407 5935.


The State and Federal Government help fund home support services, which we then deliver to the community.

We follow the State Government fees policy which means you pay a fee that is based on your income and expenses.

We will discuss this with you at the assessment stage.