Local skaters, scooters and BMX riders can look forward to upgrades to Epping Skate Escape and Laurimar Skate Park in the next 1-3 years, as well as a new district skate park in Mernda in the next 4-6 years.
These projects have been proposed in our Cycle and Skate Sports Strategy 2015-2025, which was adopted by Council on 6 October 2015.
Bundoora Mini Ramp
- steel mini ramp 4 feet high
- 16 feet wide
Norris Bank Reserve
McLeans Road, Bundoora (Melway 9 H11)
Epping Skate Escape
Epping Skate Escape is the City of Whittlesea’s regional skate park.
It caters for skateboarders, scooters, in-line skaters and BMX riders from beginners to intermediate ability.
It also features a deep bowl that requires a high level of experience.
- public toilet is available at the nearby children's playground
- parking on site
- walking distance to bus stops on McDonalds Road and South Morang Railway Station
McDonalds Road, Epping (Melway 184 J11)
- a bowl
- fun boxes
- shade shelters and limited seating
- drinking taps
Epping Vertical Ramp
- steel vertical ramp
Darebin Creek Parklands
Greenbrook Drive, Epping (Melway 182 D11)
- concrete capsule bowl 4-6 feet deep with elbow, extension, escalator and mondo corner
- small ledges
- manual pad
Laurimar Recreation Reserve
Painted Hills Drive, Doreen (Melway 391 E5)
Sycamore BMX Track
Sycamore BMX Track is accessible to the public for BMX training and practice. This track is scheduled for redevelopment in 2016, after which the track will be available for competition use.
Sycamore Recreation Reserve
Mill Park (Melway 9 E4)
Whittlesea Skate Park and BMX Dirt Track
These facilities are located adjacent to the Whittlesea Swimming Pool, within walking distance to shops, public toilets and bus stops.
- concrete half pipe with roll-in, fun boxes and vertical wall - suitable for skateboard, BMX and scooter riders
- BMX dirt track next to the concrete skate park supports riders of varying ages and abilities from young beginners upwards
- seating and water tap on site
- parking available near the swimming pool at the end of Walnut Street
Walnut Street, Whittlesea (Melway 246 H8)