Challenges businesses may face include:
- rising production costs
- rising operating costs
- managing supply chain risks
Businesses, of all sizes and in all sectors, can go green by taking the following steps:
- attend business networking sessions to connect to other businesses involved in the residential building sector
- attend workshops designed to help businesses operate more sustainably
- create new jobs through developing and adopting new and emerging green technologies and products
- promote your green products and services to local businesses and residents by adding your business details to our online directory of Local businesses offering sustainable solutions
- provide us with information that we can use for case studies to encourage other businesses to follow suit and promote yourself as a business sustainability ‘champion’
Reduce your carbon footprint
A number of resources are available from State and Federal Government agencies to help you save money by reducing your business’ carbon footprint.
Reducing your environmental impact
You can find out valuable tips about reducing the impacts of lighting, heating, hot water and office appliances through the Moreland Energy Foundation's website.
Resource efficiency and best practice
Find out more about supporting your business’ profitability through improving resource efficiency on the EPA website.
Businesses wanting to reduce their water consumption can access resources including case studies, a best practice guide, sector-specific initiatives and a business e-newsletter through the Yarra Valley Water website.