Before you buy an existing food business, we strongly recommend you get an up-to-date Food Act transfer inspection done so you know exactly what you are buying.
Food Act transfer inspection process
- Download the Request transfer inspection and consent form.
- Get the current owner to sign the consent form
- Submit your completed form and pay the relevant transfer inspection fee:
- $262 - standard process time (10 working days)
- $360 - express process time (2 working days)
Transfer of registration
Once you've completed the transfer inspection process, you must complete a registration transfer form.
You should then:
- lodge this form with our Health Services department
- pay the appropriate fee (see table below)
Transfer of registration fees
- Transfer registration - Class 1 - $375
- Transfer registration - Class 2 - $255
- Transfer registration - Class 3 - $158