Before you buy an existing food business, we strongly recommend you get an up-to-date Food Act transfer inspection done so you know exactly what you are buying.
Food Act transfer inspection process
- Download the consent form below and get the current owner to sign it. Attach the completed consent form to your online application.
- Complete the online transfer inspection form and pay via the link below.
- Transfer inspection fees:
- $275 - standard process time (10 working days)
- $380 - express process time (4 working days)
Transfer of registration
Once you've completed the transfer inspection process, you must complete a registration transfer form.
You should then:
- lodge this form with our Health Services department
- pay the appropriate fee (see table below)
Transfer of registration fees
- Transfer registration - Class 1 - $394
- Transfer registration - Class 2 - $268
- Transfer registration - Class 3 - $166