Before you buy an existing health business, we strongly recommend you get an up-to-date Public Health and Wellbeing Act transfer inspection done so you know exactly what you are buying.
Public Health and Wellbeing Act transfer inspection process
Complete the following steps to request a transfer inspection.
Note: We cannot release any information to you without the current owner's consent.
- Download the consent form below and get the current owner to sign it. Attach the completed consent form to your online application.
- Complete the online request a transfer inspect and consent form and pay via the link below.
- Transfer inspection fees:
- $195 - standard process time (10 working days)
- $266 - express process time (4 working days)
Transfer of registration
Once you've completed the transfer inspection items, you must complete and sign a business registration transfer form.
You should then:
- Lodge this form with our Health Services department
- Pay the registration transfer fee:
- Health business - $107
- Accommodation business - $191