Before you buy an existing health business, we strongly recommend you get an up-to-date Public Health and Wellbeing Act transfer inspection done so you know exactly what you are buying.
Public Health and Wellbeing Act transfer inspection process
Complete the following steps to request a transfer inspection.
Note: We cannot release any information to you without the current owner's consent.
- Download the Request a transfer inspection and consent form
- Get the current owner to sign the consent form
- Submit your completed form and pay the relevant transfer inspection fee:
- $182 - standard process time (10 working days)
- $248 - express process time (2 working days)
Transfer of registration
Once you've completed the transfer inspection items, you must complete and sign a business registration transfer form.
You should then:
- lodge this form with our Health Services department
- pay the registration transfer fee:
- health business - $102
- accommodation business - $182