The Business Network Gala Awards promotes local business entrepreneurs, innovators and hardworking operators and highlights achievements of leading City of Whittlesea businesses across key industry sectors and provide a unique opportunity for businesses of all types and sizes to be recognised for their efforts, commitment and successes.
The Awards are open exclusively for members of the Business Network.
There are six award categories, you can enter up to two categories, these categories will be judged by a panel and announced at the Gala Awards evening that includes a sit down three course meal and entertainment.
Business Network Awards 2023 Gala
Thursday 18 May 2023, 6.30pm
Mantra Hotel in Epping
Gala awards event and three-course sit-down meal
Key dates in 2023
- 16 February 2023 – Business Advisory Panel briefed
- 23 February 2023 – Awards announced at the Business Network Event
- 24 February 2023 at 10am – Entries open
- 24 March 2023 at 6pm – Entries close
- 5 April 2023 – Finalists announced
- 13 April 2023 – Awards night tickets on sale
- 18 May 2023 – Awards evening
2023 Award categories
+ Start Up
Launching a new business is always daunting and this award is for business who have been operating since July 2021. Tell us how you started and how the business has grown into a sustainable business.
To demonstrate how your Start Up business has moved from an idea into, the business it is today the Judging Panel will assess your entry based on:
- The performance of your business since its launch, examples could include the number of customers.
- The growth of your business from the business plan stage to implementation to current day.
+ Customer Service
Love your customers? Tell us how your business has delivered customer service excellence in 2022. Customers are vital for any successful business, and we know you all have different ways of ensuring your customers keep coming back.
To demonstrate how you excel in customer service, the Judging Panel will assess your entry based on:
- How you engage with your customers.
- Systems and procedures to receive and record customer feedback and satisfaction, this could be through an external feedback provider or inhouse.
- Your customer service policy or charter.
- Your customer ratings through feedback, i.e. Trip Advisor, Trustpilot, Net Promoter Score and In house data collection tools.
- Customer testimonials.
+ Innovation & Enterprise
Businesses have to keep evolving, has your business launched a new product or service, entered a new market or introduced new ways of working in 2022 that has made positive impacts to the overall performance of your business.
To demonstrate how your business has been leaders in Innovation and Enterprise, the Judging Panel will assess your entry based on:
- Examples of new products you have launched.
- Examples of new services you have introduced.
- How do these new products or services improve your business performance.
- How do these new products or services enhance the customer experience.
- How the business arrived at the design and implementation of the products or services.
+ Sustainability and Environment
How has your business made improvements to the way it operates in 2022 to ensure it can achieve a sustainable future?
To demonstrate how your business includes the impacts on the environment within the operation and how you focus on being sustainable, the Judging Panel will assess your entry based on:
- Your strategies and activities clearly showing how your business has developed and embraced becoming sustainable.
- How your business includes the circular economy within its operation.
- Examples of day-to-day methods that reduce the impact on the environment.
- Future plans that include the inclusion of further sustainable policies.
- Examples of how your business has implemented operational changes to include environmentally friendly practices.
- How any initiatives have created new roles within your business, connected directly or indirectly to sustainability and the circular economy.
+ Community Contribution
+ Workplace Diversity
The City of Whittlesea is a diverse area with people from many backgrounds calling the municipality home, how does your business represent such a diverse area?
To demonstrate how your business impacts the local community, the Judging Panel will assess your entry based on:
- A breakdown of your workforce, gender, disability, nationality, education status sexual orientation and background.
- Initiatives that make your workplace attractive to people from the CALD community, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities.
- Your workforce training programs, provide examples of activities you have carried out with training and placement providers to engage with different jobseeker cohorts.
- How you work with any local education providers to support your workforce through training and development.
- Your workplace diversity policy and how this is implemented in your day-to-day operation.
Applications are now open
Businesses can choose to enter up to two Award Categories. Entries are made through this entry form.
Once you submit your entry you will be notified by an email confirmation, if you do not receive this email please email email@example.com.
Entry and Judging Process
- Each entry will be assessed in the category entered
- Entries for each category will be short listed as finalists
- A judging panel will assess the finalists for each category, with a winner being picked by the panel and announced at the Gala Awards Evening
- Businesses will be notified of the outcome for their entry
- Finalists and Business Network members will be invited to the Gala Awards Evening
- City of Whittlesea reserves the right not to issue an Award in a given category
If you wish to use imagery or videos as part of your award entry, please forward these to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line 'Business Award Entry - your business name'.
+ Entry conditions
- A business must be a member of the City of Whittlesea Business Network to enter.
- A business can enter a maximum of two award categories, please use the same entry form to enter both categories should you choose this option.
- Each business must have a valid ABN.
- Complete all contact details on the entry form.
- Businesses must be registered and operate within the City of Whittlesea.
- Entry to the City of Whittlesea Business Awards is free.
- Once you submit your entry your entry cannot be edited, to make changes to a submitted entry a new entry will need to be submitted.
- Entries must be made by the business, entries made by third parties on behalf of businesses will not be accepted.
- Incomplete entries will not be accepted.
- Businesses must not be in breach of any state/territory or local government law or regulation.
- The business must hold all appropriate permits and licences; this includes but not limited to building, planning and health permits.
- Businesses that incur revenue relating to alcohol, tobacco and tobacco related products i.e. e-cigarettes, shisha, hookahs and pipes, gambling and electronic gaming machines are not eligible to enter.
- The finalists and winners will be selected by a judging panel; the panel's decision is final.
- Entries will be submitted through a MS Forms entry form.
Entries will open on Friday 24 February and close on Friday 24 March.
+ Terms and conditions
- Businesses need to be a member of the City of Whittlesea Business Network to enter the awards.
- A business can enter a maximum of two award categories.
- Each business needs a valid ABN.
- Businesses must be registered within the City of Whittlesea.
- The winners will be selected by a judging panel and the panel’s decision is final.
Should you require any further information regarding the Business Network or Business Awards please contact the Economic Development Department, email@example.com or 9217 2278.