Skip to main content
Sick or injured wildlife

Sick or injured wildlife

If you see wandering, injured wildlife on the roads or public land, contact the relevant service below. Please note that we cannot get involved if the animal is dead or injured on private property.

Sick or injured wildlife on public land or roads

To report sick or injured wildlife on public land or roads, contact any of the following local animal emergency assistance organisations:

RACV Wildlife Connect

Provides 24-hour emergency advice for wildlife injured on Victorian roads. Call 13 11 11.

Wildlife Victoria

Provides a 24-hour wildlife emergency hotline for injured wildlife. Call 1300 094 535 or visit Wildlife Victoria.

Wildlife Rescue and Information Network

Provides help for injured or orphaned native animals. For more information visit Wildlife Rescue and Information Network.

Help for Wildlife

Wildlife care groups. Call 0417 380 687.

Sick or injured pets and livestock on public land or roads

For injured domestic animals or livestock on public land or roads, call us on 9217 2170 and our Local Laws Animal Management Officer will attend.

Dead animals on public land and roads

We can collect any animal, whether it is wild, domestic or a farm animal that is found dead on roads or public land. Call us on 9217 2170 and a road crew will come and collect the animal.