Our hard waste collection service is for household items that are broken or cannot be reused.
If your unwanted household items are reusable and in good condition, please give them to someone who needs them - see Donate or sell unwanted household items.
A standard hard waste collection equals 2 large hard waste items (e.g. a mattress and 2-seater couch) and 2 small hard waste items (e.g. boxes of odds and ends).
White goods, TVs and computers
We no longer collect old or broken fridges, washing machines, dishwashers, clothes driers, TVs or computers.
Take note of items that can and cannot be collected.
Acceptable hard waste items
- furniture - with doors taped and securely tied
- mattresses and bed bases
- boxes of odds and ends
- broken toys and rags
- small amounts of timber offcuts - you can also drop these off for free at the Timber Waste Facility with the vouchers on your Rates Notice
- wrapped glass
- curtains that cannot be reused
- hot water service unit
Unacceptable hard waste items
- white goods - find out how to dispose of white goods
- carpet or underlay
- building or renovation materials
- fence palings
- corrugated sheeting
- car parts or tyres
- concrete, rubble or soil
- unwrapped glass or polystyrene
- recycling or garden waste
- furniture with untied doors
The quickest way to book your free collection is to call us on 9217 2170 with the details of items you wanted collected and we will advise you of your collection date.
Alternatively you can email email@example.com - please ensure you provide details of all items for collection.
- Place your hard waste material neatly on your nature strip the night before collection, ensuring it is contained and will not blow or wash away.
- Collection will take place the following day but no specific time is allocated so please allow the full day.
- Extra items that you place out for collection but do not mention when making your initial booking will not be collected.
- Your waste material must be able to be easily lifted by 2 people to shoulder height.