Skip to main content

Moving into an existing house

If you are moving in to a previously occupied house and there are no bins, please order your replacement bin online.

It may take up to 5 days before we deliver a replacement bin.

Building a new house or business premises

If you are moving in to a newly built house or business premises, you will need to order your garbage and recycling bins. Bins take up to 5 business days to be delivered and there is no fee for these bins.

You must display a house number on your property for identification, whether it is on a letterbox or on a piece of cardboard in a front window.

Garden waste bin

You can order a garden waste bin online or call us on 9217 2170.

Note: these optional bins require an annual fee and approval from the property owner.

Moving out of your house

If you move, leave your bins at the property for the next occupant to use. It is illegal to remove bins from the property.

If you move to another address in the City of Whittlesea, don't forget to notify us of your change of address. See Contact details.