- It costs $77 per year (July to June) to use the garden waste bin service. This fee will appear on your annual Rates Notice and covers a full year of service including collection and processing.
- As this is an annual service, we do not provide credits or refunds if you cancel the service part-way through a year.
- Please note: garden waste bins are only eligible for residential properties (not industrial or commercial). No pro rata discount will be issued if the bin is cancelled within the year.
Order your bin
Property owners can order a garden waste bin online or by calling us on 9217 2170.
If you are a tenant, talk to your landlord, property manager or agent if you would like a garden waste bin. Your landlord will need to give their permission and contact us to order the bin.
Special needs or requirements
Residents or body corporates with special needs or requirements should phone JJ Richards on 8793 9034.
Garden waste is collected each fortnight, on the opposite fortnight to your recycling bin, and on the same day as your garbage bin.
To find out your garbage collection day:
Public holiday bin collections
Bins get collected as normal on public holidays that fall on business days except for the following public holidays:
- New Year's Day
- Good Friday
- ANZAC Day
- Christmas Day
If these public holidays fall on a business day bins will be collected a day later and collections may run one day behind schedule for the rest of that week.
Garden waste bin guidelines
- Place grass clippings near the top of your bin to make it easier to empty.
- Cut up branches and prunings so they fit easily.
- All items must be placed loosely in your garden waste bin.
- Put your garden waste bin and garbage bin at least half a metre apart on your nature strip for collection.
Food and garden organics collection trial
From October to December 2019, we are conducting a trial that will allow residents with existing garden waste bins in selected trial areas to include food scraps in their fortnightly garden waste bin service.
If you are eligible for the trial, you will have received a letter.
We anticipate a food waste collection will be rolled out in March next year, for all residents who already use the garden waste collection.
If you have any questions about the food waste program contact us on 9217 2170.
Acceptable garden waste
You can put the following materials in your garden waste bin:
- grass clippings
- small branches
- common garden weeds
Unacceptable garden waste
You should not put the following items in your garden waste bin:
- plastic bags (or garden waste in plastic bags)
- garbage or recyclables
- building material, soil, rocks and bricks
- food scraps
Cancelling your green waste bin
If you wish to cancel your garden waste bin service, you must let us know in writing.
Complete an online form below.