To help residents reduce their electricity and gas bills, the City of Whittlesea has subscribed to Positive Charge to deliver the following services:
- Energy Advice Hotline – Need help managing your energy usage? Call the Positive Charge helpline during business hours 1300 23 68 55.
- Solar Campaign – The City of Whittlesea is rolling out a campaign to assist residents who are considering installing solar on their homes. If you want to know more about how solar works visit our solar information page.
Victorian State Government Solar Homes Package
The Victorian Government has announced a new Solar Homes Package program to help Victorians reduce their power bills. Eligible households can apply for one of the two available rebates:
- Solar Panel Rebate: The Package will provide a rebate to eligible households of 50% of the cost of a solar PV system, up to a maximum rebate of $2,225.
- Solar Hot Water Rebate: $1,000 rebate on solar hot water systems
For more information, visit the Solar Victoria website.
Victorian Energy Compare
The Power Saving Bonus provides a $50 claim to all Victorian households which head to Victorian Energy Compare to compare their latest energy bills.
We all have the power to affect change, and while your efforts may seem small in isolation, the collective effect of everyone’s environmental action can have a significant and lasting impact.
Home Energy Assessment Tools (HEAT) Pack
You can now find out how energy-efficient your home is for free, by borrowing a Home Energy Assessment Tools (HEAT) Pack.
The HEAT Pack contains equipment and instructions to help you find ways to save energy and water throughout your home. Learn more about the HEAT Pack by watching this video.
Practically Green At Home
The guide, produced in partnership with Nillumbik Shire Council, includes topics such as:
- building design and site considerations
- indoor environment quality
- construction materials and waste
- fixtures and fittings
- furniture and finishes
- heating and cooling, hot water systems and household appliances
- renewable energy
- landscaping and gardening design