Any member of the public can attend Council Meetings to hear what is going on and watch Councillors vote on a particular issue.
The meetings involve decision-making on topics including:
- town planning
- the construction of community facilities
- community services
- a range of policies that guide the City's actions
Meeting agendas and minutes
Ordinary Council meetings are held around every third Tuesday, from 6.30pm.
- Tuesday, 7 February 2017
- Tuesday, 14 February 2017 – Special Council Meeting to review and adopt the Councillor Code of Conduct at 6pm
- Tuesday, 28 February 2017 - adjourned until Tuesday 7 March 2017
- Tuesday, 21 March 2017
- Tuesday, 28 March 2017 - Special Council Meeting to advertise the proposed Council Budget for 2017-18 at 6pm
- Tuesday, 18 April 2017
- Tuesday, 9 May 2017
- Tuesday, 30 May 2017 - adjourned until Tuesday 6 June
- Tuesday, 27 June 2017
- Tuesday, 18 July 2017
- Tuesday, 8 August 2017
- Tuesday, 29 August 2017
- Tuesday, 19 September 2017
- Tuesday, 10 October 2017
- Tuesday, 31 October 2017
- Thursday, 2 November 2017 – Statutory Council Meeting to elect the Mayor at 7pm
- Tuesday, 21 November 2017
- Tuesday, 12 December 2017
25 Ferres Boulevard
South Morang (Melway 183 A10)
During the meeting, Council will answer questions from residents and ratepayers - usually at the start of the meeting.
You should submit your question in writing before the meeting starts at 6.30pm - it's recommended that you submit your question as early as possible to ensure sufficient information can be provided in the verbal response.
You can submit your question form by:
- Question box
Place it in the question box in the Council Chamber by 6.30pm on the day of the meeting.
Fax it to 9409 9810 by 4pm on the day of the meeting.
Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4pm on the day of the meeting.
Council is committed to ensuring that all residents and ratepayers can contribute to Council’s democratic process so if you have any special requirements, please call our Governance Team before a Council Meeting on 9217 2294.
Council meeting procedures
You can find information about how Whittlesea Council is governed and how the Mayor is elected in our Procedural Matters Local Law.
This local law regulates:
- how the Council Common Seal can be used
- procedures for Ordinary Council Meetings, Special Meetings, Advisory Committee Meetings, and Special Committees Meetings
- the process for electing the Mayor and Chairpersons.