Roadside Trading includes: Food Trucks, Coffee Vans, Flowers, Fruit Trucks and more.
If you would like to operate a Roadside Trading business within the City of Whittlesea, there are certain guidelines you must follow before you start trading.
- Roadside Trading is not permitted to operate within 100 metres of an open food business. The exception is if the mobile food truck's hours of operation are outside the existing trading hours of a nearby food business
- The permit holder must hold a current public liability certificate of currency with a minimum of $20,000,000 indemnity.
- You must clear any litter from around the Roadside Trading site.
- A rubbish bin must be supplied by the permit holder for the removal of customer created litter and disposed of by the permit holder in an appropriate manner.
- The preparation, handling and serving of food and drinks to your patrons must be conducted in accordance with the requirements of the Food Act 1984 and our public health unit.
- Roadside Trading can only operate in the location specified on your permit for the duration of period as specified on your permit.
- You must submit a Roadside Trading application prior to operating your business.
- Submit a Statement of Trade online with Streatrader (at least 5 days before trading). The principal council and the councils where you are trading will automatically be notified
Apply for a permit
Complete the application form for Roadside Trading and email the form to email@example.com
One of our officers may inspect the site and make sure that you have met all the requirements.
The sites allocated for Roadside Trading are:
- Norris Bank Parklands at 63W McLeans Road, Bundoora - currently vacant with applications being accepted.
- Aurora Adventure Park at 207W Craigieburn Road (corner of Edgars Road), Wollert - currently vacant with applications being accepted.
- Mernda Villages Wetlands Reserve at 132W-146W Mernda Village Drive, Mernda - currently vacant with applications being accepted.
- Whittlesea Public Gardens at 158 Barry Road, Lalor - currently vacant with applications being accepted.
- City of Whittlesea Car Park, Civic Centre at 25 Ferres Boulevard, South Morang - currently accepting applications.
- Main Street Recreation Reserve at 74 Main Street, Thomastown - currently vacant with applications being accepted.
- Redleap Recreation Reserve at 5W Redleap Avenue, Mill Park - currently vacant with applications being accepted.
- All Abilities Play Space at 29W Morang Drive, Mill Park - accepting applications from 1 August 2021.
Annual rate: $1.421.00 (GST free)
Quarterly rate: $355.25, every 3 months (GST free)
One off event: $87.00 per day (GST free)
If you prefer, you can apply in person at the Customer Service counter at the Civic Centre – 25 Ferres Boulevard South Morang VIC 3752.
For more information, please call our Council on 9217 2170 during normal business hours.