Volunteer at Council
All City of Whittlesea volunteers must undergo a Police Check and participate in orientation and training activities.
We have volunteer positions available in the following programs:
Festivals and events
Become an event volunteer and help at our annual Community Festival held in March.
We provide full training for event volunteers.
To register as a volunteer, call 9217 2004 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Support older people to live independently by home delivering meals using your own vehicle. Delivery times are 9.30am - 12pm on weekdays.
- Your own roadworthy vehicle (mileage is reimbursed)
- Current drivers licence
- Comprehensive car insurance
- Mobile phone
- Being active
- A friendly manner
- Reliable and punctual
- Adhere to occupational health and safety practices
- Willingness to participate in ongoing training
Social support groups
The Social Support Group program provides social and recreational activities for older people and people with memory loss.
We have 3 volunteer roles:
- Activity volunteers work alongside staff to assist participants enjoy activities such as singing, craft, art, gentle exercise, gardening and outings.
- Volunteer drivers provide transport to and from the centre. Must be able to drive a 10 seater bus.
- Meal support volunteers provide refreshments and serve a nutritious lunch.
Mail out groups
Volunteers are required every few months to assist administrative staff with newsletter and calendar mail outs for the Aged and Disability Department.
No experience necessary.
Whittlesea Volunteer Resource Service
The Whittlesea Volunteer Resource Service will match you with suitable local volunteering opportunities based on your interests, skills and how much time you can dedicate.
This service provides free volunteer training and ongoing support to volunteers.
To register your interest in volunteering, call 9401 6666 or visit the Whittlesea Volunteer Resource Service website.
Melbourne's North Experience volunteer portal
Get connected to work experience opportunities in the region including volunteering, structured work experience and placements on Melbourne's North Experience volunteer portal.