Under the State Governments Outdoor Eating and Entertainment Package, The City of Whittlesea would like to advise all businesses who currently hold a Footpath Trading permit, you can now apply to use your neighbour’s Footpath Trading Zone to Display your A-Frame advertising sign, Tables and Chairs and Display of Goods.
The steps required to do so are as follows;
- Download, complete and email to email@example.com a letter from the owner/operator of the neighbouring business. Download consent letter template.
- Download, complete and email to firstname.lastname@example.org an application for the variation to an existing Footpath Trading permit. Download variation to Footpath Trading application form.
- Together with your variation to Footpath Trading application form, please attach a plan/diagram, description and dimensions of the A-Frame advertising sign(s), Tables and Chairs or Display of Goods you would like to place outside your neighbours Footpath Trading Zone. Could you also include the times that the items will be placed in your neighbours Footpath Trading Zone.
- Please provide a copy of your Public Liability Insurance/Certificate of Currency with at least $10 million indemnity. The public liability insurance must include the business address and the activity that it covers. (Council can cover your Public Liability Insurance. (You must apply before 30 June 2021 to be eligible, and the cover will expire on 30 September 2021. Please note, this offer is only valid for the placement of Tables and Chairs).
- If your business is licensed to serve alcohol, you would need to make enquires with the Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulations and Whittlesea’s Planning Department, as your customers may not be able to consume liquor in the extended Footpath Trading Zone.
- Submit your application and all the relevant documentation by email to email@example.com.
Your application will be assessed, and you will be notified of the outcome within 24-48 hours.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our City Safety and Amenity Department on 9217 2170, during normal office hours.
Find out more
Get the latest business news sent straight to your inbox including announcements, initiatives, training, funding, events and networking opportunities