Skip to main content


Support Services available

Government support

Find out more about the support available on the coronavirus website. 

If you are experiencing ongoing symptoms of COVID, speak with your GP or get more information about help for Long COVID.

COVID Positive Pathways provides targeted support for Victorians with COVID-19 needing additional care. This includes people who are:

  • aged 80 years and over
  • living with a disability or carers of people living with a disability needing help to recover at home
  • of refugee or asylum seeker status
  • identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
  • living in rural isolated communities.




Financial assistance


Financial Hardship Policy

The Financial Hardship Policy provides relief to residents and businesses in the City of Whittlesea who are unable to meet their payment obligations due to a range of individual circumstances.

Whilst Council is unable to waive rates, we are able to offer various other avenues of support for those experiencing financial hardship, including deferrals, payment plans, waivers of interest and collection costs, referral to other financial assistance programs that might be available, or referral to appropriate support services (family violence and financial hardship).

If you would like further information on eligibility please contact Council on 9217 2170 or visit our Support and emergency relief services webpage.




Family violence support

If you are in danger Call 000

Call 1800 105 188




People with a disability

Information for people with a disability can be found on the Coronavirus Victoria website and the Australian Government Department of Health website.

Further information:

Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities


Business & Industry support


LGBTIQ+ communities


International students


Families, children and young people

  • Youth Services
  • The Royal Children's Hospital (RCH) have developed a collection of trusted resources on COVID-19, including information on the physical effects on children, mental health care and advice around supporting your child cope with the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.


Mental health resources

  • Department of Health Mental Health and Wellbeing Hubs

Mental Health and Wellbeing Hubs are available to Victorians of all ages who have any mental health or wellbeing concerns. You do not need a referral from a GP or health professional to access support.

To book a free in-person or telehealth appointment, call 1300 375 330 (9 am - 10 pm weekdays and 9 am - 5 pm weekends) or submit an enquiry online via Partners in Wellbeing.

If you need more help in your language, call TIS National on 131 450 and ask for an interpreter, then ask to be connected to Mental Health & Wellbeing Hubs on 1300 375 330.

Other support services: