Skip to main content

Accessible (Disability) Parking Permit

You can now apply for accessible (disability) parking permits online.

You can ask us to consider installing a new designated accessible parking bay by calling our Engineering and Transportation Department on 9217 2170. 

Disability Parking Scheme

There is a new Accessible Parking Permit (formerly Disability Parking Permits) scheme in Victoria.

The new scheme and online system will streamline the application process, making it easier, more simple and consistent across the state. 

Improvements to the Scheme include:

  • introduction of temporary permits for 6, 12 or 24 months
  • increased permit length from 3 years to 5 years for individuals
  • introduction of a permanent disability classification, so reassessments are not required for future permit renewals
  • a new single and secure state-wide permit design that will reduce the misuse of permits
  • the inclusion of occupational therapists as assessors, in addition to GPs
  • Double Time (green permits) and permits for organisations will continue under the new scheme.


Applying for a permit

Individual permit

Step 1

Visit to start your application. Once submitted you'll receive an application reference number via SMS (to apply or renew you'll need to provide a mobile phone number).

Take your reference number to your chosen general practitioner (GP) or occupational therapist for your functional assessment.

Step 2

If your application is successful Accessible Parking Australia will notify Council, who will then mail the permit to you.

Start the application process

Organisational Permit

Start your application online

Visit to start your application.

Get your application reference number

You’ll receive an application reference number via SMS and email

Pick up your permit

If your application is successful, you will be notified and you can pick up your permit from Council.

Start your application

More information

Visit the Accessible Parking website for more information, including answers to common questions.

If you assistance with this process contact your chosen GP or occupational therapist.

Find out about