About our Female Participation in Sports Grants
Participating in sports offers many health and wellbeing benefits, as well as increasing self-esteem, interpersonal networks, social inclusion and community connections.
Despite these benefits, there are low rates of participation of women and girls in all levels of sport.
Our aim is to assist clubs to develop projects that promote and encourage equal participation of women and girls in sports across the municipality.
Grants of up to $2000 (not including GST) are available to sporting clubs to create or enhance opportunities and projects aimed at increasing female participation in sport - as players, coaches, umpires and in leadership roles.
- Grants open - Wednesday 31 January 2018
- Grants close - grants will remain open until all funds have been distributed or until 1 June 2018.
Successful applicants will have 12 months to complete their projects.
Sports clubs may apply for funding if they can provide evidence that:
- the club is located within the City of Whittlesea
- the club is registered with their relevant State Sporting Body/Association
- the club has acquitted all previous grants with the City of Whittlesea
- the club is committed to attending a City of Whittlesea Gender Equity Workshop.
Gender Equity Workshops
All applicants are required to register and attend a free gender equity workshop provided hosted by the City of Whittlesea, to learn how to make your club more accessible to girls and women.
Wednesday 14 March
Where: City of Whittlesea Offices, Fountain View Room, 25 Ferres Boulevard, South Morang
Wednesday 2 May
Where: Laurimar Community Pavilion, Montville Street, Doreen
How to apply
Contact our Community Development Grants Officer on 9217 2397 or email firstname.lastname@example.org