Skip to main content
You will need to apply to us for a Report and Consent Approval for works that vary the siting requirements of the Building Regulations 2006.
We can only approve applications that meet the Regulation objective and Minister’s Guidelines, under the Building Act 1993.
We require the following information to process your application:
- relevant Report and Consent application form
- details showing compliance with the Minister’s Decision Guidelines
- plan showing the subject allotment, adjoining buildings, relevant elevations and sections required by the regulations
- written comments from the affected adjoining property owners, download the Adjoining Owner Consent Form
- all pages of the plans/drawings of the proposal signed and dated by the owner as acknowledgement of the non-compliance
- copy of the Certificate of Title showing any current covenants or Section 173 agreements, under the Planning and Environment Act 1987, that may apply to the subject allotment
- application fee for report and consent request per regulation
We may request further information after our initial assessment of your application, which may cause delays.