The 8 fact sheets include:
- pictures and descriptions of local weeds
- advice for getting rid of them safely and effectively
- the risks they pose if uncontrolled
You can also find out how to reduce the spread of the fungus Myrtle Rust on the Department of Primary Industries website.
Weeds can have an enormous impact on the agricultural, environmental and social values in the community.
If allowed to spread, weeds can:
- reduce agricultural productivity
- pose a health risk to stock
- displace areas of valuable native vegetation
- cause community disharmony
You can also learn about a range of agricultural weed control techniques and sustainable land management practices in our Seasonal Guide to Weed Management.