First Time Playgroup
Our group for first time parents is offered over 7 weeks and aims to support you in your new role as a parent.
The program is designed to build parenting confidence and to give you further knowledge in early childhood development.
It provides a forum for you to connect with other parents, share experiences and establish social support networks. Benefits of joining include:
- increase parental confidence and independence in child rearing
- gain information on child health and development
- meet other first time parents and learn from each other
- establish friendships and social networks
Who needs sleep
This program aims to help parents better understand their children's behaviour and sleep needs.
Find out more about your baby's tired signs, settling techniques
You will also:
- learn about your baby's sleep cycle and how it changes over time
- establish strategies and techniques that can help your baby establish good sleep habits
- learn how to recognise patterns in your child's sleep behaviour
- get answers and gain support so that you may cope with sleep disruption.
The Infant Program
The Infant Program aims to support parents with children aged between 3 and 18 months, and has been developed by Deakin University's Institute for Physical Activity and Nutrition.
All parents and carers of young children are invited to attend group sessions that provide age specific information that runs at 3 months, 6 months, 9 months and 12-18 months.
The program will help you:
- improve your knowledge and increase your confidence to establish a healthy lifestyle for your child
- become a role model for your child by promoting healthy eating