The affected area is located north of Donnybrook Road, between the Melbourne to Sydney railway line and Merriang Road and covers approximately 1786 hectares of land across both the City of Whittlesea and the Shire of Mitchell.
The plan has been prepared by the Victorian Planning Authority, in partnership with the City of Whittlesea and Mitchell Shire Council.
Proposed community infrastructure and services include:
- 5 x local town centres will include schools, community facilities, parks/sporting reserves retail and office employment space
- 2 x convenience centres with small retail shops and office employment area
- 6 x community centre sites (to include a library)
- 6 x primary schools (4 x government and 2 x non-government)
- 4 x secondary schools (2 x government, 2 x non-government)
- sporting reserves
- local parks and a strong conservation area network