You are entitled to access and/or inspect many Council documents. Details of the type of documents made available to the public are listed on this webpage.
If you would like to arrange an inspection of any of the documentation listed below which cannot be accessed on-line, please contact the Governance Team on 9217 2294.
Council’s Public Transparency Policy
Council adopted its first a Public Transparency Policy on 1 September 2020 and a copy of the Policy is available here, and an accessible version here. The Policy indicates the type of Council information that Council makes publicly available and aims to ensure that Council’s decision-making processes are open and transparent.
Council information includes but is not limited to:
Documents such as:
- Plans and reports adopted by Council;
- Council policies;
- Project and service plans;
- Templates concerning grant applications, tenders and tender evaluation material;
- Service agreements, contracts, leases and licences;
- Council leases, permits and notices of building and occupancy; and
- Relevant technical reports and / or research that informs decision making.
Process information such as:
- Practice notes and operating procedures;
- Application processes for approvals, permits, grants and access to Council services;
- Decision making processes;
- Guidelines and manuals;
- Community engagement processes; and
- Complaints handling processes.
Council records will, at a minimum, be available on Council’s website:
- Council meeting agendas and minutes (not including confidential information);
- Terms of Reference and records relating to Council Advisory Committees Meetings;
- Audit and Risk Committee Performance Reporting;
- Registers of gifts, benefits and hospitality for Administrators and members of Council Staff (A summary of any gifts, benefits and hospitality received from the 1 September 2020 will be made available on this webpage);
- Registers of travel undertaken by Administrators or members of Council Staff (A summary of any travel undertaken from the 1 September 2020 will be made available on this webpage);
- Registers of Conflicts of Interest disclosed by Administrators or Council Staff (A summary of conflict of interests declared within six months from the 1 September 2020 will be made available on this webpage);
- Submissions made by Council to other levels of government;
- Register of donations and grants made by Council;
- Register of leases entered into by Council, as lessor and lessee;
- Register of delegations from Council to staff and from the CEO to staff:
- Register of Election campaign donations;
- Summary of Personal Interests (‘Register of interests’ until 24 October 2020); and
- Submissions received under section 223 of the Local Government Act 1989 until its repeal or received through any other community engagement process undertaken by Council.
Freedom of Information
You can also request to access Council documents through the Freedom of Information Act. Please visit our freedom of information webpage to obtain further information regarding how to submit a Freedom of Information Application.
Part II of the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (Vic)
The Freedom of Information Act 1982 (Vic) requires Council to provide the public with access to certain Council information. This Act ensures that individuals and organisations can effectively exercise their right to obtain access to government information which may affect them.
Please refer to this link (accessible version here) to obtain a copy of Council’s Part II Statement.
You can also access a number of documents that Council is legally required to make publicly available. Click here to see the list, and here for the accessible version. If you would like to inspect any of the documents mentioned specified in table, please contact the Governance Team on 9217 2294.
This webpage was last updated on 8 September 2020.