You must provide your current Rates Notice, not an instalment or amended notice.
Only residents and ratepayers may use these vouchers – Rates Notices may be checked against your driver’s licence as proof of residence.
Charges may apply if you don’t meet conditions and load limits.
Vouchers are not transferable, nor redeemable for cash or refund.
Vouchers expire when the following year’s Rates Notices are mailed.
Voucher and discount types
Each Rates Notice includes the following:
- 1 subsidised tip hard waste discount (Hanson Landfill)
Simply bring your 2018/2019 Rates Notice to gain entry (valid until 31 July 2019). The $30 Landfill Levy charge applies.
- 4 green waste vouchers (Green Waste Facility)
These vouchers entitle you to dispose of garden waste for free. For more information and conditions, see Recycling facilities.
- 4 timber waste vouchers (Timber Waste Facility)
These vouchers entitle you to dispose of your timber waste for free. For more information and conditions, see Recycling facilities.
- 2 brick and rubble waste vouchers (Brick and Rubble Waste Facility)
These vouchers entitle you to dispose of your brick and rubble waste (such as asphalt, rock and concrete) for free, see Recycling facilities.
Voucher load limits
- Car boot load - 1 voucher
- Single axle trailer (standard load) - 1 voucher
- Dual axle trailer (standard load) - 2 vouchers for Recycling facilities, 1 voucher for Landfill
- Station wagon (standard load) - 1 voucher
- Utility tray load (excess load) - 2 vouchers
- Trucks - Charges apply, vouchers will not be accepted.
The facility operators may not accept loads larger than the limits above, or may charge extra.
Terms and conditions
- You must present your original rates notice to use your waste and recycling vouchers
- Instalments or amended notices will not be accepted
- Waste and recycling vouchers are not transferable or for commercial use - the home owner must be present when dropping off materials and using vouchers
- Photo identification must be presented at the time of using vouchers
- If a load exceeds the standard volume (i.e. caged trailer or heaped load) extra vouchers may be required to be used at the discretion of the facility operator
- Waste and recycling facilities are not owned by the City of Whittlesea, they are privately owned and operated
- 2017/18 vouchers expire on 31 July 2018
- 2018/19 vouchers will expire 31 July 2019